The Hogar Nueva Granada is much more than just a school...
We are aware of the importance of offering a well-rounded service to our children, in order to make a real and long-lasting impact in their lives, and thus we also offer services of support, nutrition, and well being to their families and their community, including:
- EDUCATION: culminating in a technical english and commercial high school degree to 586 children between two and seventeen years of age, in grades pre-kinder thru eleventh grade.
- NUTRITION: three daily meals 210 days of the year meeting the guidelines established by the ICBF.
- HEALTHCARE: Medical and dentistry services focusing on wellbeing and preventive services.
- COUNSELING AND EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT: with our sister service Fundación Oportunidad, and staffed by full time professionals, we offer: diagnosis and treatment of learning problems, treatment of emotional and social problems, and the diagnosis and treatment of socio-emotional behavioral problems.
- PARENT WORKSHOPS: monthly meetings include topics technical, academic and social.
- EDUCATIONAL AND SOCIAL ENRICHEMENT PROGRAMS: such Model UN, Proyecto Vida, Drug and Alcohol prevention and after-school groups, clubs and classes.
The Fundacion Hogar Nueva Granada is a non-for-profit institution